We know the rise of social media caused a tricky situation for all marketeers. The need for video content sky-rocketed and it is in fact still growing to this day. It is important to deliver the message quickly and with all information required.
The pandemic shuffled all the cards, leaving the marketing space more hungry for online communication than any other event before – live streams and broadcasts expanded, becoming the most used communication format. This led marketeers to choosing this way of communication on social media over any other way.
Social media video marketing strategy
You can’t launch a successful video strategy without videos, right? Your video marketing and branding strategy requires videos of any format and type.The most used platforms nowadays include Instagram and TikTok – however, they are just the tip of the iceberg.
Regarding social media marketing, when it comes to videos, it is crucial to consider the specific needs of each platform. Even though TikTok enables uploading of videos up to 10 minutes in length, the rule “the shorter, the better” still applies. If you want to send a message or an important statement, don’t ever forget to subtitle your video. This takes into consideration cases, where users are unable to hear the spoken word.
Benefits of video marketing on social media
- It is very easy to capture the attention of the viewer through content he/she desires to see. When it comes to brand promotion, it can refer to the brand history, the company’s plans for the future or FAQs. All of this gives your viewer a feeling of being very close to your brand.
- The main advantage of sharing on social media is that it is a fast and effective way to deliver your message. If you achieve a great engagement rate of your audience, you can reach hundreds of views and reactions within minutes. Your engagement rate relies on the correct targeting of your audience – knowing who your viewers are is the basis for successful post distribution.
- The variety of content contained in your videos can be endless. Thanks to their popularity, you can choose from a diverse range of videos, starting from educational and explainer videos which support your viewers’ knowledge about your brand, services and products, to advertisement videos teasing them for an upcoming release or other interesting features.
- You mustn’t forget about the activities your viewers can get involved in – online competitions or giveaways are a great tool to spread the word among the existing, as well as potential, customers.
If you opt for a video marketing strategy on social media, know that it’ll require significant effort and time in order to meet the needs of your audience. Even though the creation of a video takes longer than that of a regular post, the outcome is incomparable. It is proven that viewers are more likely to search for information in the form of video as it is more efficient, easier to understand and the visual part gives them a great picture of the overall concept. The type of the video you choose to use should match your campaign goals and support the positive result in the end.
You can choose from:
- Explainer videos
- Educational videos
- Product demonstration videos
- Brand promotion videos
- How-to videos
- Behind-the-scenes videos
- Q&A videos